You have no component more vibration-sensitive than your turntable. Mount it on glass, granite, or concrete and you’ll seriously dull the bass and harshen the treble. Mount it on our maple and you’ll get that rarest of upgrades—more warmth and more detail, plus gobs of new-found bass and treble dynamics. Our best turntable vibration control system is simple: a 4” thick, air-dried maple platform on our Isoblock suspension. The sonic upgrade will double if you couple your turntable to the maple with our brass footers.
Wall mounts are a fine practical solution for turntable footfall problems or limited rack space. Just one problem: in listening tests they sound bad—worse than mounting gear directly on wood floors—due to the nasty resonances of their hollow steel tubing, which are exacerbated by the flimsy, “springy” 3/8” plywood shelf. To transform your wall mount from bad to superb-sounding, we’ve come up with a custom-fitted upgrade kit: a 19½” x 16½” air-dried maple platform mounted on four hybrid Isoblocks bonded onto matching inch-thick maple blocks that bolt right into the existing holes in the wall mount. Once installed, you have a massive maple sink to cleanly absorb the sound-muddying vibrations created inside your turntable (or other component). And that maple sink is beautifully isolated from external vibrations, including the bad-sounding resonances of its hollow steel frame. The differences in the before and after sound of your wall-mounted turntable or other gear will be profound.
- Recommended for components up to 18-1/2" wide and 15-1/2" deep
- Use Isoblock 1s for up to 99 lb. load
- Use Isoblock 2s for up to 199 lb. load
- A planed, sanded, beveled air-dried maple platform finished in Deep Rosewood-toned lacquer
- Dimensions with Isoblocks: 19-1/2" wide x 16-1/2" deep x 4" tall
- Target and Rega wall mounts not included with shipment
- Weight: 13 lbs.*
* Because maple is an organic material, the actual weight of each platform varies slightly.