This configuration includes:
• three radiused brass supports with support mounting kit
• a 2" thick air-dried maple base finished with clear lacquer (choose size from pull-down menu)
• integral low Isoblock suspension
Because maple is an organic material, the exact weight of each platform varies slightly. The figuring and natural grain coloring of each platform is unique. Our Amish craftsmen hand-planed down every Mapleshade platform from rough-cut 2-1/2" and 4-1/2" maple to remove coarseness and imperfections from the sawmill. Typically this process yields a finished 2" or 4"thickness. But, because of variations in the rough-cut timber, the exact thickness can vary by 3/16". 30 Day Money Back.
Performance and Design
Computers vibrate more than you might think. That vibration seriously deadens and harshens music played through the computer. To help drain that vibration, just sit your laptop (or iPod) on the Isobase Cradle's rounded brass supports. You'll hear the difference in 30 seconds. We guarantee you'll hear serious improvements-even with cheap computer speakers. Play your favorite MP3, WAV, DVD, or even streaming audio and hear bass punch, treble air and warm detail you would never have expected. The Isobase also works beautifully with all-in-one PCs like the iMac.
Our Isobase Cradle is specifically designed for portable music and video electronics: laptops, iPods and iPhones, mobile DVD players, etc. The Isobase Cradle features affixed brass mountings and isolating footers, so it’s ready travel to the office, on vacation, or to you buddy’s house for a listening session. They are standard footer systems that drain vibration by coupling your source to a heavy, air-dried maple platform without affecting portability or function. It's not just playback that's improved: if you also download or rip using our mounting, expect twice the improvement. If you want to go another big step, use our Purist Mini-To-RCA Adapter and Clearview Ribbon Interconnects.
• The radiused brass supports are designed to cleanly drain out of the electronics as much of its internal vibrational energy as possible.
• The air-dried maple Base serves as the sink for, or receiver of, vibrational energy transferred out of the component by the brass supports-a sink intended to dissipate as much of this energy as possible.
• The attached low Isoblocks serve to isolate the component and platform from reflected or external vibrations in the supporting surface.