Digital Interconnects can ruin or transform the sound of any DAC. Our radically different cable design greatly reduces the main cause of digital harshness, jitter-standard hi-end digital cables increase jitter. At $43, our Ultrathins routinely outperform famous audiophile brand digital wires and optical cables costing $1000 and up. The Double Helix Digital version offers better-defined and sweeter treble, more warmth and about a half octave deeper bass than the Ultrathin.
Design and Performance:
• Ultra-low skin effect due to ultra-thin, single strand conductors.
• High purity copper, drawn and tempered to our specification.
• Absolute minimum dielectric (insulation) losses due to a loose-fitting, thin dielectric sleeve, composed of polymer compounds selected by ear.
• The Double Helix offers a proprietary double helix field-canceling configuration (with our unique grounding scheme) to minimize all signal interactions between the + and – signal conductors.
• The best-sounding RCA connectors available in high-end audio, significantly better sounding than Cardas or WBT and custom-produces to our specification.
• Four hours of our proprietary treatment to modify the crystallographic properties of the copper conductors.
• Chemical treatment of the dielectric sleeve to improve surface conductivity.
INSTALLATION TIPS FOR MAX PERFORMANCE
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables.
• Install the interconnects with the double color band plugs toward the music source, provided the source component’s output is in correct absolute phase. If the source component puts out an inverted phase signal, then you need to reverse the interconnect. If not, you will suffer degraded sonic performance.
• Slightly unscrew (clockwise, seen from the rear) the RCA plug’s outer shell (while firmly gripping the base) to make plugging in easier. Then lock the plug by tightening the shell (counterclockwise) until the plug grips the jack firmly. You may have to turn the shell quite hard to lock, because we occasionally get some of our sleeve binding tape onto the shell threads.
• Keep the interconnects away from AC wires, and never running alongside the AC wires. If they need to cross AC wires, have them cross at right angles (approximately). Keep the interconnects away from any plastic; in particular, keep them at least 4 inches away from artificial fiber rugs and plastic wall moldings.
• A further small improvement can be made by “fluffing” the sleeves so they do not lay flat against the whole length of the wire inside the sleeve. You can do this by blowing into one of the RCA plugs. The sleeve will puff up, then partially collapse. The idea here is to keep as much air as possible between the sleeve and the signal wire inside it.
THE PLUS OPTION
Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases brightness and grain in high frequencies, reducing edginess in the upper treble without sacrificing detail; this is particularly noticeable with music coming from a digital source (i.e. CD players, computers, and iPods). The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is better articulated and less abrasive. PLUS is especially
beneficial for digital interconnects sources, significantly reducing listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.