The Cenotaph Bedrock Ultra is a made-to-order version of our time-correcting Ultra series, shaped to suit curved-front speakers. Every pair of stands is made using handsomely variegated 4" air-dried Ambrosia maple, carefully hand-selected and matched by our Amish craftmen. Each stand is coupled to the floor by three 2"ť brass footers pre-assembled to each base. A pair of custom-machined brass Standard Rear Supports are mounted at the rear of each base to anchor the back, bottom edge of its speaker using point contact to ensure clean, efficient transfer of vibration into the stand and floor. A massive brass 3" MegaMount alignment front footer yields optimal vibration transfer and adjusts tilt-back to perfectly time-align the speaker's for almost any listening position. Custom Item, 6-8 weeks to ship.
Click here to read Installation & Set-Up Tips.
• Recommended for speakers up to 13" wide and 14" deep. Please contact us about stand options for larger speakers.
• We custom-mount the Standard Rear Supports for all time-correcting stands to ensure optimal performance for the specific speaker being used. Please be sure to include your speaker cabinet dimensions in the space provided above when ordering.
• When specifying speaker dimensions, be sure to provided the width of the rear, bottom edge of the speaker cabinet. Please also make us aware of any tapering, bevels or other distinctive design elements of the cabinet shape that might affect the placement or functionality of the Standard Rear Support.
• For best performance on uncarpeted floors, choose our standard footer option.
• To avoid leaving dings on expensive hardwood floors, use our radiused footer options.
• On carpet, it is essential for the points of the Bedrock's footers to penetrate the rug and contact the solid floor underneath.
• For high pile carpet with padding (more than 1/2" deep), you need thick carpet footers to penetrate to the floor.
• For thin commercial wall-to-wall carpet (less than 1/2"), thin carpet footers will sound slightly better than the thick carpet version.
• On request, Bedrocks can be ordered with a Radiused Triplepoint alignment footer that does not scratch the top surface of the stand. This approach is not quite as good sounding, so we only recommend it for stands with toned lacquer finishes or if the speakers are frequently moved.
Hear Room-Filling, Amazingly Lifelike Sound From Small Speakers
Only low-to-the-floor mounting can make bookshelf/monitor speakers sound so huge, warm and transparent. Conventional tweeter-at-ear-level stands actually make monitors sound thin and smallâ€"the taller the stand, the more this worsens. Bedrocks' on-the-floor adjustable tiltback positioning, combined with solid air-dried maple base and heavy vibration-draining brass footers, yield amazing transients and details. Percussion and piano attacks gain startling potency. Above all, bass power and articulation improve dramaticallyâ€"enough to consider crossing subwoofers off your wish list. The soundstage image floats well above the floor and can be precisely adjusted for seamless on-screen integration in home cinema systems.
• The highly rigid maple/brass mounting drains sound-muddying vibrations out of the cabinet into the floor far more effectively and cleanly than any tall stand. The improvement in warmth and midrange detail over hollow metal stands is striking.
• Mounting the woofer close to the floor eliminates the sound-thinning mid and upper bass suck-out caused by high-mounted woofers (the famous Allison effect). It also provides a 3 db acoustic boundary reinforcement from the lowest bass upwards.
• The direct, rigid coupling to the floor lets the speaker drive the floor at bottom octave frequencies, thereby greatly increasing the bass radiating area.
• Lastly, the adjustable tilt-back allows you to time align perfectly the leading edge attacks of the tweeter and woofer, by ear. The higher the tilt-back, the higher the image floats off the floor.
Try A Simply Experiment
To hear for yourself the benefits of the Bedrock low mounting approach, try a simple experiment: listen to one of your favorite tracks with your speakers sitting on the floor in front of their current stands, tilted back with a small wood or metal block under the front in order to aim the tweeter slightly above your ear. If your floor is carpeted, lay down a heavy plank or cutting board first. Next, put the speakers back on their stands and listen to the same track again. You'll find the extra bottom end convincing even though this rough and ready test only lets you hear about half of the bass improvement you'll get from Bedrocks and none of the extra treble and midrange clarity.
3 Ways To Time-Correct Small Speaker
For any Bedrock stand, there are three ways to mount your speakers:
STANDARD REAR SUPPORTS - We custom-mount our uniquely shaped, point-contact brass rear support posts to match your speaker dimensions.
RADIUSED REAR SUPPORTS - These provide gently rounded contact surface in order not to ding the rear edge of the speaker. Like our standard point-contact rear supports, our radiused mounting hardware is precision machined from solid brass.
THREADED-IN TIME CORRECTING FOOTERS - This is the best-sounding option but requires:
a) speaker bottoms that already have threaded footer inserts to allow two Threaded Low Heavyfeet to be screwed in at the rear of each speaker or
b) drilling pilot holes for screwing in the Low Heavyfeet with wood screws or
c) supergluing the Low Heavyfeet in place. Tiltback angle is adjusted with an unattached 3" MegaMount time-correcting footer at the front.
The Bedrock Ultra Series
Just like for floor standing speakers, doubling the thickness of the air-dried maple base unleashes even better deep bass extension with greatly improved midrange and bass detail. Bedrocks make monitor speakers sound excitingly better than any conventional tall stand, particularly those with hollow metal uprights. To eliminate the severely sound degrading effects of concrete, carpet-covered concrete, tile or engineered wood floors, the extra mass of the 4" Bedrock is a must-have.
Our perfectionist Ultra Series are our best-sounding Bedrocks featuring 4" thick maple bases and massive 3" MegaMount time-correcting adjustable footers.
In addition to our stock Bedrock Ultra, we offer several made-to-order base designs tailored to match different speaker shapes and room decors. Every pair is made-to-order using carefully matched, handsomely variegated 4" Ambrosia maple, hand-selected by Crist or Uri.
We offer clear satin lacquer and three toned lacquer finishes: Natural Cherry, Deep Rosewood, and Black Satin.
Our standard hardware is meticulously machined and hand polished brass. We also offer custom powder coated finishes in Semi-Gloss Black, Metallic Silver and other colors.