The Best-Sounding Stand For Conventional Mounting For Small Speakers
If you want to mount your monitor speakers on an ear level stand, we guarantee the Rooted Buttress will make them sound better than any such stand on the market, at any price. The Rooted Buttress is a straightforward column stand, but extreme in mass and rigidity. A solid 12" x 12" x 4" maple base is rooted to the floor by four massive brass footers. A solid—not hollow—maple
column of bridge timber girth, 8" x 8", mounts on four brass minipoints and is bolted to the base from underneath. Speaker vibration flows from column into base via the points, eliminating the reflections
and micro-rattles associated with flat-to-flat contact areas. The all-solid design is crucial: any hollow metal, wood or MDF stand has internal resonances that seriously degrade a speaker’s sound, even if filled with sand or lead (which also deaden dynamics).
The solid, massive maple design yields even greater sonic advantages on concrete, tile or modern flimsy plywood floors—with or without carpeting. These types of floors are notably poor sinks for vibration. Metal stands transmit almost all the speaker’s vibrations down into these floors, then pass the distorted reflections back up into the speaker. This causes harsh, deadened mids and highs while smearing and weakening the bass. In contrast, the massive maple of the Rooted Buttress is a superb sink, absorbing and dissipating the speaker’s vibrations to give you stronger and cleaner bass, gorgeous new warmth and lots more detail than you’ve ever heard from your speaker.
• Our Rooted Butress Stands are recommended for speakers up to 12" wide and 16" deep
• For best performance on uncarpeted floors, choose our standard footer option
• To avoid leaving dings on expensive hardwood floors, use our radiused footer option
• On carpet, it is essential for the points of the Butress's footers to penetrate the rug and contact the solid floor underneath
• For high pile carpet with padding (more than 1/2" deep), thick carpet footers are necessary to penetrate to the floor
• For thin commercial wall-to-wall carpet (less than 1/2"), thin carpet footers will sound slightly better than the thick carpet version
• To hear the full potential of your speakers, we strongly encourage mounting speakers to each Butress column using our brass footers. Using Low Triplepoints or Threaded Low Heavyfeet to couple each speaker to the maple will nearly double the sonic improvement you'll get from Rooted Butress Stands.
• Solid air-dried maple construction finished in Natural Cherry-toned lacquer
• 8" wide x 8" deep column rigidly coupled to a 4" thick 12"w x 12"d base
• With standard and radiused footers, fully assembled height is 14" or 18" from the floor to the top of the Butress column. Thin carpet footers add 1/2" to total stand height; thick carpet footers add 3/4"
• 14" stand weight: 28 lbs. each/ 56 lbs. per pair
• 18" stand weight: 33 lbs. each/ 66 lbs. per pair
• Because maple is an organic material, the actual weight of each stand varies slightly