• A pair of 12" wide x 15" deep x 4" thick air-dried maple bases finished with clear, hand-rubbed lacquer. Recommended for speakers up to 10" wide and 13" deep.|
• Each Speaker Plinth is directly coupled to the floor by four massive brass footers pre-assembled to each maple base. Choose standard, radiused or carpet piercing footers
• These stands typically ship within 1-2 weeks. 30-Day Money Back
• You will double the sonic upgrade of our Speaker Plinths by replacing your speakers’ stock spikes or composite feet with our solid brass
Threaded Heavyfeet, Triplepoints, MegaMounts or Threaded Megafeet.
• Always use 4" thick Speaker Plinths on concrete floors
• For best performance on uncarpeted floors, use our standard footer option
• To avoid leaving dings on expensive hardwood floors, use our radiused footer option
• On carpet, it is essential for the tips of the Speaker Plinths' footers to contact the solid floor beneath the carpet.
• For high pile carpet with padding (more than 1/2" deep), you need thick carpet footers to penetrate to the floor.
• For thin commercial wall-to-wall carpet (less than 1/2"), thin carpet footers will sound slightly better than the thick carpet version.
Mapleshade Vibration Control For Speakers
Our Vibration Control System for speakers has three elements: brass footers drain vibration out of the speaker and down into a Speaker Plinth; air-dried maple Speaker
Plinths receive and dissipate that vibration; and brass footers rigidly couple each Plinth to the floor below. We NEVER recommend using Isoblocks directly under
speakers or as footers for Speaker Plinths. Here are the fundamentals:
• The physical movement of their drivers and the fluctuating electrical signal currents create unwanted vibrations (through both magnetic and piezo-electric forces)
inside every speaker cabinet. Carefully controlled listening tests prove that these internal vibrations muddy the music signal far more significantly than
external airborne or floor-borne vibrations.
• Mounting speakers on standard isolating and damping devices (like springs, rubber feet, sand boxes, magnetic suspensions, or air cylinders/bladders) traps
the sound-degrading vibrations inside the speaker cabinet, exacerbating muddying of the music signals. For speakers, this phenomenon blurs image focus
and creates muddied bass. This is precisely why we DO NOT recommend using Isoblocks under speakers. Isoblocks were design only to be used as
platform footers for electronics mounted on hard surfaces.
• Hybrid isolation/coupling devices like Roller Blocks, IsoBearings, magnetic couplers, etc. purport to serve three essential functions—vibration transfer,
vibration dissipation and external isolation—all in one convenient footer. Unfortunately, such all-in-one devices can serve none of the three functions well.
They may change, perhaps even improve, sound a bit in one area, but with penalties in other areas, e.g better midrange detail but soggier bass, less edgy
treble but slower, duller transients, etc.
Our Vibration Control System For Speakers serves the three functions using three separate components, each optimized for one and only one function:
• First, our brass footers are designed only to cleanly drain out as much internal vibrational energy as possible from speakers. We
specifically optimized our footers’ shape, material, alloy, and mass to maximize the vibrational energy transferred out of the cabinet and minimize the
energy reflected back. Fifteen years of customer shootoffs have shown they do so more effectively and sound better than any competing footer or hybrid
at any price.
• Second, Maple Speaker Plinths serve as the optimal sink for receiving and dissipating the vibrational energy transferred out of the speaker
by the footers. Surprisingly, exhaustive testing against every space age damping material and composite used in high-end platforms today shows solid
wood (not plywood or MDF) to be better a sounding sink. And, among the wood species available, the same tests show maple to have, by a sizable margin, the
most detailed and uncolored sound (click HERE for more details on this and on the importance of air dried maple).
• Third, Each Speaker Plinth is directly coupled to the floor by four massive brass footers pre-assembled to each maple base. This approach
ensures the speaker and stand are rigidly anchored to the floor or subfloor. We offer four footer options, each painstakingly honed to offer optimal
sound quality on different floor coverings. This is just one example of the attention to detail that has gone into the development of Mapleshade's
Vibration Control System For Speakers.
||Awesome speaker upgrade
|These platforms with triple points under the speaker will bring your music to life and its like having the singers right there in front of you.You will be going through your cd collection.Always impressed with any mapleshade upgrade.|
||Improved my Focal 1027s beyond my expectations.
|I just wanted to let you know that I am really impressed with the 4 inch maple stands I purchased for my Focal 1027s. They improved my sound beyond my expectations. I was using the Focals on a concrete floor which I thought at the time was way to go assuming since there was no flexing I was getting all the sound there was to get. Wrong. Even my wife who is not an audiophile could easily hear how much better the speakers sounded on these 4inch maple platforms, I can now easily hear into the recordings getting closer to performance and hearing all the little cues that one gets when hearing live music. I also find myself flipping over records to hear the other side of the lp. I cant say that my highs are higher or my lows are lower but what I would say is that there is much more clarity and naturalness.|
|- Tom M, DE|