• Micropoint Heavyfeet V.4 are our best sounding 2" footers in most situations. These footers can be used in sets of three unattached. They are also pre-threaded to accept 1/4x20 attaching hardware for possible thread-on use. For uncarpeted surfaces only.
• If our full-height 2" footers are too tall, use the lighter-weight 1-1/2" tall Low Micropoint Heavyfeet. Only use shorter footers if necessary; there is a 15% reduction in performance compared to the heavier full-height version.
• If mounting speakers or components with wood bottoms, Triplepoint Heavyfeet will sound even better. For components with a lot of protrusions on the bottom, Triplepoints may be necessary.
• The default option is a set of three footers. You can also order these footers individually or in sets of four as needed using the "Options" dropdown menu.
• The stock finish for our brass footers is handsomely hand-polished brass. We also offer Satin or Semi-Gloss Black and Metallic Silver powder coat finishes. Powder coating is a made-to-order finish option that is non-refundable.
• Attachment hardware is not included by default. Use the 'Attachment Hardware' dropdown menu choose optional machine screws and/or wood screw attaching options.
• We recommend using footers unattached in sets of three when possible to avoid shimming. As long as the equipment mounts stably with three footers, there is no sonic advantage to using four. Long, very narrow components may require four footers.
• Attached footers are best suited whenever stability and safety of the component are primary—for instance, under turntables and floor-standing speakers.
• Using four footers usually requires shimming the height of one to compensate for slight unevenness of the surface below, which can be tricky to setup using unattached footers. When four footers are needed, attaching them to the component will make leveling and shimming much easier.
• If you intend to use these footers attached, it is essential to confirm the size you need before ordering. Thread sizes vary across manufacturers.
• To determine the thread size of your stock feet or their attaching screw, either call the manufacturer or take one of the feet to your hardware store. They will give you two size numbers, for instance, 1/4" by 20 (or 6mm by 1.0, for metric threads). The first number is the screw diameter, the second is the thread pitch in threads per inch or mm per turn, for metric. We can custom match most U.S. and metric thread sizes. After you determine the diameter and pitch needed, please call (410)685-4618 to order or email [email protected]
. Custom threaded footers are non-refundable.
Prices include shipping. 30-day money back guarantee.