Golden Parallel Speaker Cables
Specially configured for long runs from 16-75 feet, the Golden Parallel uses the identical silver-plated high-purity copper, solid core, ultra-thin dielectric conductor as the Golden Helix; the only difference is the + and – conductors are run parallel and spaced apart, not tightly twisted. When you change to Golden Parallel for your rear speakers, the space behind you will double or triple, the quietest sounds (whispers, rustling leaves, echoes) will gain crystal clarity and image focus. With music, of course, you will gain startling presence and dynamic punch. I encourage you to compare the Parallels head-to-head against long-run cables at any price: Monster, Audioquest, Kimber, Tara, Nordost, Synergistic Research, Analysis Plus, Harmonic Technology, etc.
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables. The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview Cables is 30-50 hours; 150-300 hours for cables with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.
THE PLUS OPTION: Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using specially-treated copper conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases treble grain, edginess and excess brightness without sacrificing detail--and particularly noticeable with digital sources. The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is more beautifully articulated, sweeter and less abrasive.PLUS significantly reduces listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.
On all our speaker cables we offer pure, unplated copper spade lugs (unplated always sounds better than silver, gold or rhodium plating) for $5.00 per termination or our own proprietary minimalist banana plugs (guaranteed to sound better than $80 silver Eichmanns) for $7.50 per termination. The latter will fit Naim jacks. This is a non-refundable service charge. To order custom-terminated speaker cables, please call 1-888-236-2753.
OUR RECOMMENDATION: Whenever possible, connect our cables using their prepared, bare wire ends without extra terminations. This will be your least-expensive, best-sounding option. Unlike stranded-wire speaker cables, our solid-core conductor does not fray--and, once bent into a J-hook, is just as convenient as a spade. Even though our offered terminations are the least intrusive-sounding spades and bananas available, they still do not sound quite as good as making a simple, bare WIRE connection to your speaker/amp binding post, screw terminal, et al.
Design and Performance
• Far lower dielectric losses than any "garden hose" cable encased in thick plastic, due to our ultra-thin dielectric coating (under two ten-thousandths of an inch) using a better-than-teflon polymer selected by ear from among hundreds.
• High purity copper conductors, drawn, heat-treated and silver-plated to our proprietary specification.
• Thin diameter, single strand wire to greatly reduce skin effect relative to fat gauge "garden hoses". Based on hundreds of hours of meticulous listening tests, the diameter we use optimizes the balance between skin effect losses and resistance losses.
• An un-twisted (i.e. parallel) two-conductor configuration specifically optimized for long cable runs. The field-cancelling, wire geometry used for Clearview Helix cables is not optimal for cable lengths over 16'. To minimize all signal interactions between the + and - signal conductors for long runs, physically separating the conduction is the best-sounding approach.
|I work in the music industry and engage in critical listening every day...my office is configured in such a way that long speaker cable runs are necessary. Installing these astonishingly thin and flexible cables yielded dumbfounding results immediately out of the box; everything sounded focused, complete and simply correct. Really superb!|
|- Michael H, CA|