ORIGINAL INTERLOCKING LP SHELVES
Each Shelf Module Includes
(8) Screws for assembly
(2) Rectangular Sidepieces
(2) Right Angle Planks
(2) Flat Planks
(1) Baltic Birch Overlay [optional]
(4) Wood Plugs
The individual handmade parts of this modular shelf feature naturally variegated wood grain. All parts are pre-drilled, only assembly is required. Before starting, it is helpful to identify the individual wood pieces. Each pair of Flat Planks (for the front edges), Right Angle Planks (for the rear edges) and Sidepieces are interchangeable with varying grain patterns. For the nicest results, take care how you orient each piece during assembly so the grain pattern you prefer shows most prominently.
1) On an uncarpeted floor, tabletop, or other flat level surface, lay down a Right Angle Plank for the bottom of the shelf. Orient this piece so it lays on the undrilled flat side of the angle and the pre-drilled assembly holes face toward you on the vertical side.
2) Use a #2 Philips screwdriver (or matching drill/driver bit) to start a screw into both assembly holes, just deep enough so the screws don’t need to be held in place by hand.
3) Take one Sidepiece and fit it vertically against the Right Angle Plank so that the pre-drilled holes match up. Firmly press and hold this corner joint together and turn the screw in about half way. Make sure it bites into both pieces of wood so they are joined.
4) Place the second Sidepiece on the other end of the Right Angle Plank and repeat Step 3.
5) Before tightening these screws fully, rotate the shelf 90°so it is upside down with the protruding screw heads pointing up. Check to make sure corner joints are snug and aligned. (Especially when using a powered driver for assembly, the lacquered wood pieces can shift slightly while being screwed together.) If needed – carefully loosen either screw just enough so it does not bite into the Sidepiece, realign the edges and tighten, tighten both screws down fully.
6) Lay the Flat Plank you chose for the bottom across the front of the two Sidepieces so it is parallel to the now-attached Right Angle Plank. Orient the Flat Plank so the edge you prefer faces outward, away from the rear Right Angle. Make sure the front edges of the Flat Plank and Sidepieces are aligned, then hold-and-screw it into place like before.
7) Turn the shelf right side up with the front facing toward you. Lay the top Flat Plank across the front of the two Sidepieces closest to you with the preferred edge facing forward. Check to make sure the front edges of the plank and sides are aligned, then hold-and-screw into place.
8)Rotate the shelf 180°so the back faces toward you, and then lay the remaining Right Angle Plank across the Sidepieces so the assembly holes face up. Align the edges, hold-and-screw into place.
9) If you’ve purchased an optional Baltic birch overlay, it simply slides into place now that the shelf is assembled
10) Wood Plugs can be inserted into the four pre-drilled holes on the top of the shelf so that another shelf can be stacked on top and lock into place.
Other Helpful Tips
Our Unfinished Oak shelves are provided without sealer. They can be used as-is or are ready for D.I.Y. finishing.
The catalyzed lacquer finish used for our finished shelves is maintenance free. Murphy’s Oil Soap works well if you need to clean the finish.
If the fit of the wood plugs is too tight, use a pair of pliers to slightly compress the ends so they slide into place easily. Because of the extreme mass of each shelf, installing two plugs is sufficient to prevent stack units from sliding. We provide four for maximum stability.
To enhance the aesthetics and versatility of our shelves, we also offer a carefully thought-out selection of add-on accessories that can transform stacks of LPs and CDs into attractive and functional furniture. Please visit our websitefor complete options and pricing.
· Each shelf holds up to 150 LPs
· Interlocking construction allows shelves to stack freestanding up to six high; taller stacks may need to have their top-shelf anchored to a wall.
· Internal dimensions: 24" wide x 13" deep x 13" tall
· External dimensions: 27" wide x 13-3/4" deep x 14-1/2" tall
· Stored LPs are fully supported on their underside and all spines are clearly visible
· All types of LP modules can stack interchangeably with each other