• For general sizing, we recommend choosing a platform that is about 2" wider and deeper than the component it will support; more margin improves sound further.
• Our stock platforms are hand finished with a clear satin lacquer that beautifully enhances the striking natural grain character of our air-dried maple. We also offer three made-to-order toned lacquer finishes: Natural Cherry, Deep Rosewood, and Satin Black.
• The default wood option is for a 2" thickness with clear satin finish. Choose 4" thickness and made-to-order color options from the Platform Thickness & Finish drop-down menu.
• 4" platforms invariably sound better than 2" platforms; the difference is clearly audible, even with small, lightweight components—and is most dramatic with turntables, all digital equipment (even routers) and tubed analog gear.
• Isoblocks are the best suspension when installing the platform on a hard surface (except for speakers). On rugs or carpeted floors, choose thick or thin carpet brass footers when ordering.
• The default platform suspension option is a set of four Original Isoblock 1s, isolation footers that support loads up to 105 lbs. Choose other Isoblock options or brass footers for carpet from the Platform Support Options drop-down menu.
• Because maple is an organic material, the exact weight of each platform varies slightly. The distinctive character of Ambrosia maple's natural grain coloring and figuring is unique for each platform. Our Amish craftsmen hand-plane these platforms from the rough-cut, air-dried 2-1/2" and 4-1/2" maple to remove coarseness and imperfections from the sawmill. Typically this yields a finished 2" thickness but, because of variations in the rough-cut timber, the exact thickness can vary by 3/16".
• Platforms with clear satin finish are stock items that normally ship in 5 business days and offered with our 30-day money back guarantee. Made-to-order platforms are non-refundable, require a 50% deposit, and take +/- 8 weeks to ship. Please be sure to review our Terms & Conditions.