Each Module Includes: (8) Screws for assembly (2) Rectangular Sidepieces (2) Top Flat Planks (1) Solid Shelf Bottom (4) Wood Plugs
The individual handmade parts of our modular shelves feature naturally variegated wood grain. All parts are pre-drilled, only assembly is required. The solid bottom for Heirloom LP shelves has a raised rear edge on the top surface that dictates its orientation for assembly. The solid bottoms for Pass-Thru modules, and all of the other wood parts, have two possible edges that can face forward.
Before starting assembly: It is helpful to identify the individual wood pieces and choose which edge you like best (aka ‘the facing edge’) so it can be oriented to face forward during assembly. The Top Flat Planks are pre-drilled so the holes for assembly face up. For Solid Bottoms, the pre-drilled holes face down. Sidepieces are interchangeable for the left or right, orient them however you think looks best.
1. On an uncarpeted floor, tabletop, or other flat level surface, lay the Shelf Bottom face down so the assembly holes are facing up.
2. Use a #2 Philips screwdriver (or matching drill/driver bit) to start a screw into all four assembly holes, just deep enough so the screws don’t need to be held in place by hand.
3. With the Shelf Bottom laying on its back, pre-fit the Sidepieces with their facing edges upward and protruding screw heads facing towards you.
4. In this position, the Sidepieces fit vertically against the top surface of the shelf bottom so all of the pre-drilled holes line up. As long as the work surface is reasonably level and not jostled, these three parts will be self-supporting and standing on edge as you to screw them together. If this gives approach you any trouble, just pre-fit and attach one Sidepiece at a time.
5. Make sure the predrilled holes of each Sidepiece is lined up with the bottom shelf. Firmly press and hold each upper corner joint together as you tighten each screw about half way. Make sure each screw bites into its Sidepiece so all three parts are joined and stable.
6. Before fully tightening these two screws, turn the shelf 90°so it is upside down with the protruding screw heads pointing up. Check to make sure these joints are snug and the edges aligned. (Especially when using a powered driver for assembly, the lacquered wood pieces can shift slightly while being screwed together.) If needed – carefully loosen either holding screw just enough so it does not bite into the Sidepiece, realign the edges, then fully tighten.
7. Rotate the shelf 180°so the other pair of screws are easy to reach. Hold each corner joint snug and fully tighten each screw.
8. Turn the shelf right-side up and lay whichever Top Flat Plank you prefer across the front of the two Sidepieces. Align the outer edges of the plank and sides, then hold-and-screw the plank into place.
9. Repeat step 7 to assemble the remaining Top Flat Plank on the rear edge of the shelf.
10. Wood Plugs can be inserted into the four pre-drilled holes on the top of the shelf so that an additional shelf can be put on top and lock into place.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS
The catalyzed lacquer finish used for our modular furniture is maintenance free. Murphy’s Oil Soap works well if you need to clean the finish.
If the fit of the wood plugs is too tight, use a pair of pliers to slightly compress the ends so they slide into place easily. Because of the extreme mass of each shelf, installing two plugs is sufficient to prevent stack units from sliding. We provide four for maximum stability.
To enhance the aesthetics and versatility of our shelves, we also offer a carefully designed selection of add-on accessories that can transform stacks of LPs and CDs into attractive and functional furniture. Please visit our websitefor complete options and pricing.
• Each Heirloom LP module holds up to 150 standard albums
• Strong, interlocking construction allows shelves to be stacked up to six high; taller stacks may need to have their top shelf anchored to a wall.
• Internal dimensions: 24" wide x 13" deep x 13" tall (Heirloom)
• Internal dimensions: 24" wide x 13-3/4" deep x 13" tall (13” Pass-Thru)
• Internal dimensions: 24" wide x 13-3/4" deep x 9" tall (9” Pass-Thru)
• External dimensions: 27" wide x 13-3/4" deep x 14-1/2" tall (Heirloom & 13” Pass-Thru)
• External dimensions: 27" wide x 13-3/4" deep x 10-1/2" tall (9” Pass-Thru)
• Stored LPs are fully supported on their underside and all spines are clearly visible
• All styles of LP shelves and Pass-Thru modules can stack interchangeably with each other