Our striking looking Ambrosia maple storage modules, tops and accessories provide attractive storage for music/movie collections as well as elegant and flexible modular furniture for myriad other uses. Every module is handcrafted with pride from old-growth, kiln-dried Ambrosia maple with clear satin finish to match our air-dried maple platforms, speaker stands and SAMSON racks.
Interlocking Storage For 7” vinyl, CDs, Blu-Rays, DVDs, cassettes, 8-track, & gaming discs
(8) Screws for assembly
(2) Rectangular End Pieces
(1) Top Shelf
(1) Bottom Shelf
(1) Drop-In Shelf
(4) Brass Shelf Pins
(4) Wood Plugs
(1) Add’l drop-in shelf with pins [for three-tier units only]
1) Before starting assembly, it is important to identify the top and bottom shelves of the unit. For the top, it has pre-drilled holes for assembly on one side. For the bottom, the media ‘backstop’ and four assembly holes are on opposite sides of the shelf.
2) On an open flat surface, place the bottom shelf vertically on its rear edge so the pre-drilled holes face toward you. It will be resting on the backstop and freestand in this position.
3) Take one rectangular side and place it vertically against the bottom so that the pre-drilled holes match up. Place the other rectangular end piece on the opposite side of the bottom, once again making sure the pre-drilled holes are matched. (The shelf support holes pre-drilled in each side should face towards each other and be parallel.)
4) Using a #2 Philips screwdriver, place one screw into the upper left pre-drilled hole in the base and turn until snug. Do the same for the other end in the upper right position. The upward-facing edge will be the front of the assembled unit. Laying out these parts as described makes it easy to keep the corners flush and square. To get the truest fit, it helps to align-and-hold each corner with one hand and drive the screw with your other hand.
5) Rotate the unit 180 so the bottom side that was just assembled is facing away from you (still resting on its back). Fit the top piece to the rectangular end pieces so the pre-drilled holes are facing toward you and lined up.
6) Repeat step 4.
7) Now carefully turn the unit over, so the front edge faces down. Repeat step 4 and step 5, so that the top and bottom are secured by four screws each. The shelf frame assembly is now complete.
8) The unit can be sat in its normal upright position and the drop-in shelf (or shelves) installed. When possible, it is easiest to install the drop-ins before putting the unit into a stack. This gives you full access to all sides of the frame, making it easier to guide the drop-ins into place for the first time without marring. After you’ve done this procedure once, these shelves are simple to move/remove as needed.
9) Before placing a drop-in shelf, push-in the four brass shelf pins to support the corners of the shelf in its position. Make sure the pins are in the same position for each corner so the shelf sits level.
10) For a two-tier shelf, the drop-in shelf should be placed in the middle position to store Blu-Rays, DVDs, and games. For a three-tier shelf, the drop-in shelves are placed in the top and bottom positions.
12) Use both hands to guide the drop-in so the notches in the under side of the shelf fit over all four brass supports. Because of the close tolerances, try to keep the shelf parallel so it slides into the frame easily. Media Shelf units can be easily and safely moved with their drop-in shelves installed, as long as you do not turn the unit upside down.
13) Wood Plugs can be inserted into the four pre-drilled assembly holes on the top of the shelf so that an additional Media Shelf can be stacked on top and will lock into place. The top and bottom of each Media Shelf are also pre-drilled with extra holes inset from the assembly screws. These are only used for interlocking when stacking Media Shelves on top of Record Shelves or installing back-to-back units on a base.
14) The center backstop of the bottom shelf is also pre-drilled with a small front-to-back pilot hole. This feature is used to lock back-to-back units together to created aisle shelving or rolling storage when mated with a caster base.
Other Helpful Tips
The catalyzed lacquer finish used for our records shelves is maintenance free. Murphy’s Oil Soap works well if you need to clean the finish.
If the fit of the interlocking wood plugs is too tight, use a pair of pliers to slightly compress the ends so they slide into place easily. Because of the mass of each shelf, installing two plugs is sufficient to prevent stationary stacked units from sliding. We provide four for maximum stability.
To enhance the aesthetics and versatility of our Music Shelves, we also offer an optional matching base to raise the bottom unit off the floor as well as a rolling caster base for stacks of interlocked shelves. Please visit shop.mapleshadestore.com for complete options and pricing.