24 x 32 Ne Plus Ultra Speaker Base (natural maple)
Concrete and plywood floors cripple the sound of your speakers. They muddy the bass, smear the midrange, and suck the life out of the treble. In fact, 90% of “room problems” are caused by bad-sounding floors. Instead of spending thousands on room treatments that address the wrong problem, here is a direct, evidence-based cure: drain the speakers’ vibrational energy, not into the problem floor, but into heavy maple bases rigidly mounted on the floor via massive brass feet.
Our 4" maple bases make a far cleaner sink for receiving and dissipating the speakers’ vibrations than flimsy, resonant ˝" plywood flooring or, worst of all, concrete. Instead of accepting these vibrations, concrete, tile, and stone strongly reflect back almost all the vibrational energy out of phase and distorted. Equally toxic to good speaker sound are modern “engineered” wood floors, particularly floating floors that rest on rubbery insulating sheets. Carpet over concrete or plywood just worsens the situation. The Ne Plus Ultra is our no-holds-barred maple stand design for transforming any world class floorstander crippled by concrete or contemporary thin wooden floors—speakers such as the Wilson MAXX, JMlabs Gran Utopia, Dali Megaline, Legacy Whisper, B&W 800D, Kharma Exquisite, Sonus Faber Stradivarius, Revel Salon 2, Sound Labs Majestic, Quad 2905, Magneplanar 20.1, etc.
The Ne Plus Ultra combines our massive 4" thick maple bases with by far the best-performing (and best-looking) footer coupling design we've devised: four huge Megamounts locked
tightly under the maple base by heavy brass tensioning through-bolts, tightened from above by gorgeous hand-buffed brass cap nuts.
If you've spent this much to get a truly great-sounding
speaker, it doesn't make sense to let an inadequate floor diminish its sonic beauty by nearly half. For perhaps 5% of your investment, we guarantee a more-than-50%
upgrade of your speaker. Double the sonic upgrade of our maple stands by replace your speakers’ spikes or composite feet with our much more rigid brass Threaded Heavyfeet, Triplepoints, MegaMounts or Threaded Megafeet.
• Recommended for speakers up to 19" wide and 28" deep
• For best performance on uncarpeted floors, use our standard footer option
• To avoid leaving dings on expensive hardwood floors, use our radiused footer option
• On carpet, it is essential for the tips of the Ne Plus' footers to contact the solid floor beneath the carpet.
• For high pile carpet with padding (more than 1/2" deep), you need thick carpet footers to penetrate to the floor.
• For thin commercial wall-to-wall carpet (less than 1/2"), thin carpet footers will sound slightly better than the thick carpet version.