15x18 Speaker Plinths with 4 thick base (Natural Maple)
• A pair of 15" wide x 18" deep x 4" thick air-dried maple bases finished with clear, hand-rubbed lacquer. Recommended for speakers up to 13" wide and 16" deep.
• Each Speaker Plinth is directly coupled to the floor by four massive brass footers pre-assembled to each maple base. Choose standard, radiused or carpet piercing footers
• These stands typically ship within 1-2 weeks. 30-Day Money Back
• You will double the sonic upgrade of our Speaker Plinths by replacing your speakers’ stock spikes or composite feet with our solid brass
Threaded Heavyfeet, Triplepoints, MegaMounts or Threaded Megafeet.
• Always use 4" thick Speaker Plinths on concrete floors
• For best performance on uncarpeted floors, use our standard footer option
• To avoid leaving dings on expensive hardwood floors, use our radiused footer option
• On carpet, it is essential for the tips of the Speaker Plinths' footers to contact the solid floor beneath the carpet.
• For high pile carpet with padding (more than 1/2" deep), you need thick carpet footers to penetrate to the floor.
• For thin commercial wall-to-wall carpet (less than 1/2"), thin carpet footers will sound slightly better than the thick carpet version.
Mapleshade Vibration Control For Speakers
Our Vibration Control System for speakers has three elements: brass footers drain vibration out of the speaker and down into a Speaker Plinth; air-dried maple Speaker
Plinths receive and dissipate that vibration; and brass footers rigidly couple each Plinth to the floor below. We NEVER recommend using Isoblocks directly under
speakers or as footers for Speaker Plinths. Here are the fundamentals:
• The physical movement of their drivers and the fluctuating electrical signal currents create unwanted vibrations (through both magnetic and piezo-electric forces)
inside every speaker cabinet. Carefully controlled listening tests prove that these internal vibrations muddy the music signal far more significantly than
external airborne or floor-borne vibrations.
• Mounting speakers on standard isolating and damping devices (like springs, rubber feet, sand boxes, magnetic suspensions, or air cylinders/bladders) traps
the sound-degrading vibrations inside the speaker cabinet, exacerbating muddying of the music signals. For speakers, this phenomenon blurs image focus
and creates muddied bass. This is precisely why we DO NOT recommend using Isoblocks under speakers. Isoblocks were design only to be used as
platform footers for electronics mounted on hard surfaces.
• Hybrid isolation/coupling devices like Roller Blocks, IsoBearings, magnetic couplers, etc. purport to serve three essential functions—vibration transfer,
vibration dissipation and external isolation—all in one convenient footer. Unfortunately, such all-in-one devices can serve none of the three functions well.
They may change, perhaps even improve, sound a bit in one area, but with penalties in other areas, e.g better midrange detail but soggier bass, less edgy
treble but slower, duller transients, etc.
Our Vibration Control System For Speakers serves the three functions using three separate components, each optimized for one and only one function:
• First, our brass footers are designed only to cleanly drain out as much internal vibrational energy as possible from speakers. We
specifically optimized our footers’ shape, material, alloy, and mass to maximize the vibrational energy transferred out of the cabinet and minimize the
energy reflected back. Fifteen years of customer shootoffs have shown they do so more effectively and sound better than any competing footer or hybrid
at any price.
• Second, Maple Speaker Plinths serve as the optimal sink for receiving and dissipating the vibrational energy transferred out of the speaker
by the footers. Surprisingly, exhaustive testing against every space age damping material and composite used in high-end platforms today shows solid
wood (not plywood or MDF) to be better a sounding sink. And, among the wood species available, the same tests show maple to have, by a sizable margin, the
most detailed and uncolored sound (click HERE for more details on this and on the importance of air dried maple).
• Third, Each Speaker Plinth is directly coupled to the floor by four massive brass footers pre-assembled to each maple base. This approach
ensures the speaker and stand are rigidly anchored to the floor or subfloor. We offer four footer options, each painstakingly honed to offer optimal
sound quality on different floor coverings. This is just one example of the attention to detail that has gone into the development of Mapleshade's
Vibration Control System For Speakers.
||I can finally fully appreciate good music
|I wish to thank you for sharing all of your information regarding the intricacies of a good sound system. For many years I have been laboring under the many misconceptions offered by most people who sell audio components who have told me that I have good equipment and that I would have to spend several thousand dollars more and even then would not be well satisfied. I had reached the point where I really did not wish to listen to recorded music...
The few things you have recommended including keeping the speaker cables off the floor, proper cleaning of CDs and LPs, and most importantly the Maple Speaker Plinths for my floor standing speakers have managed to triple my audio reception and to hear my music better than I ever have in the past. Now at the age of 87 years I can finally fully appreciate good music -- thanks to you. I will be planning to contact you again in the not-too-distant future.|
||This was money well spent
|Just wanted to let you know that I have been very impressed by this product. The speaker plinths have greatly improved the sound quality of my speakers, Sehring 703s, $9,000 speakers. The $630 investment in your plinths brings the speaker to a whole new level. Overall, the bass frequencies are greatly enhanced, with much better definition than before. Treble for some reason is also better, with a more relaxed sound that used to tend toward edgy and fatiguing. Even my wife who is not really into audio is impressed by how much better our audio system sounds with the speakers sitting on the Mapleshade 4 plinths. So, thanks for providing a good product. This was money well spent in my book.|