• Our stock platforms are hand finished with Clear Satin that beautifully enhances the striking natural grain character of our air-dried Ambrosia maple. We also offer three made-to-order toned finishes: Natural Cherry, Deep Rosewood, and Satin Black. Clear Satin is the default finish option. Choose a made-to-order option from the Maple Finish drop-down menu.
• Platforms with clear satin finish are stock items that normally ship in 5 business days and are offered with our 30-day money back guarantee. Made-to-order platforms are non-refundable, require a 50% deposit, and take +/- 8 weeks to ship. Please be sure to review our Terms & Conditions.
• Isoblocks are the best suspension when installing the platform on a hard surface (except for speakers). On rugs or carpeted floors, choose thick or thin carpet brass footers when ordering.
• The default platform suspension option is a set of four Original Isoblock 1s, isolation footers that support loads up to 105 lbs. Choose other Isoblock options or brass footers for carpet from the Support Options drop-down menu.
• For general sizing, we recommend choosing a platform that is about 2" wider and deeper than the component it will support; more margin improves sound further.
• Our 4" thick Bevelled Component Stands invariably sound better than 2" thick platforms; the difference is clearly audible, even with small, lightweight components—and is most dramatic with turntables, all digital equipment and tubed analog gear.
• If you don't already have brass footers to couple your component to this platform, we recommend ordering a 15" x 12" Vibration Control System to get the full benefit of Mapleshade's upgrade system.
• Because maple is an organic material, the exact weight of each platform varies slightly. The distinctive character of Ambrosia maple's natural grain coloring and figuring is unique for each platform. Our Amish craftsmen hand-plane these platforms from the rough-cut, air-dried 2-1/2" maple to remove coarseness and imperfections from the sawmill. Typically this yields a finished 2" thickness but, because of variations in the rough-cut timber, the exact thickness can vary by 3/16".