The Golden Helix, our entry-level speaker wire, is a straightforward single-helix cable incorporating unique design details that interact to out perform almost any conventional high end multi-strand configuration, no matter how complex. Our optimized twisted pair uses thin, ultra high-purity, single strand copper conductors drawn, silver-plated and heat-treated to our specs -- then the + and - conductors hyper-twisted for unmatched field cancellation. After exhaustive listening tests, we developed an insullation that is an incredibly thin polymer (less than .0002'') whose unique low dieletric losses make it better sounding than any other highly touted plastic used for high end wires -- including teflon. Every assembled cable is given 24 hours of a proprietary, crystal-modifying electromagnetic treatment.
The new Golden Helix V.2 upgrade features improved copper purity, better-sounding insulation and a 25% tighter twist for yet more complete field cancellation. Even more than the old Golden Helix, the new v.2 version is an affordable speaker cable that sounds radically clearer, more detailed and more dynamic than any conventional speaker wire. A true giant-killer, customers report the Golden Helix has bested Audioquest, MIT, Transparent, Kimber, Wireworld, Cardas, Monster, Analysis Plus, Synergistic Research and DH Labs cables costing up to $2000 and beyond. 30-day money back.
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES. They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables. The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview Cables is 30-50 hours; 150-300 hours for cables with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.
Whenever possible, connect our cables using their prepared, bare wire ends without extra terminations. This will be your least-expensive, best-sounding option. Unlike stranded-wire speaker cables, our solid-core conductor does not fray--and, once bent into a J-hook, is just as convenient as a spade. Even though our offered terminations are the least intrusive-sounding spades and bananas available, they still do not sound quite as good as making a simple, bare WIRE connection to your speaker/amp binding post, screw terminal, et al.
On all our speaker cables we offer pure, unplated copper spade lugs (unplated always sounds better than silver, gold or rhodium plating) for $5.00 per termination or our own proprietary minimalist banana plugs (guaranteed to sound better than $80 silver Eichmanns) for $7.50 per termination. The latter will fit Naim jacks. This is a non-refundable service charge. To order custom-terminated speaker cables, please call 1-888-236-2753.
The PLUS Option: Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using specially-treated copper conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases treble grain, edginess and excess brightness without sacrificing detail--and particularly noticeable with digital sources. The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is more beautifully articulated, sweeter and less abrasive.PLUS significantly reduces listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.
Design and Performance
• Far lower dielectric losses than any "garden hose" cable encased in thick plastic, due to our ultra-thin dielectric coating (under two ten-thousandths of an inch) using a better-than-teflon polymer selected by ear from among hundreds.
• High purity copper wire-drawn, tempered and silver-plated to our specification.
• Thin diameter, single strand wire to greatly reduce skin effect relative to fat gauge "garden hoses". Based on hundreds of hours of meticulous listening tests, the diameter we use optimizes the balance between skin effect losses and resistance losses.
• Super tightly twisted, single helix field-cancelling configuration to greatly reduce signal interactions with external fields.