Clearview Power Stratum with Surge Protection (Natural Cherry)
The Clearview Power Stratum AC Conditioner maximizes vibration control by coupling our power conditioning strip to a beautiful, custom-matched, maple platform mounted on heavy polished brass footers. To enhance RF rejection and to provide super-fast energy delivery for punchier, much clearer transients, we have incorporated new passive components. Listening to the Stratum, sonic advances are evident over the standard power conditioning strips: the sound is surprisingly cleaner—and much more dynamic from deepest bass to airiest treble. The extra $350 over the MKII Plus Power Conditioning Strip is indeed a worthwhile investment—and still leaves the Stratum at well under a quarter of the price of the top of the line power conditioners that it outperforms.
• Each power conditioning strip offers six grounded outlets; silver-plated, single strand, high-purity copper conductors with proprietary, low-loss, dual layer insulation; unique grounding/shielding topology plus outrigger grounds.
• Each Mapleshade Platform is planed, sanded, beveled exclusively from solid, air-dried maple then finished with four coats of clear, hand-rubbed lacquer.
• It is essential for the points of the platform's footers to contact the solid floor beneath the carpet.
• For high pile carpet with padding (more than 1/2" deep), you need Thick Carpet Footers to penetrate to the floor.
• For commercial wall-to-wall carpet (less than 1/2"), Thin Carpet Footers will sound slightly better than the Thick Carpet type.
Surge Protection Option:
Today’s standard surge protection technologies really degrade good sound—and are too slow to protect well against lightning-associated transients. After years of looking and testing, Pierre finally found a gas plasma technology that verges on inaudibility, no more than 1% to 2% loss in sound quality. And its 8 to 20 nanosecond response time is actually fast enough to protect adequately.
• The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview power cords and power strips is 50-100 hours; 150-300 hours for cords and strip with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.
• DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES!! Doing so will degrade the sound of our cables. Use only music to break in our wires, preferably music with strong transients (i.e. music with lots of percussion and/or plucked instruments).
• Novices sometimes think our wires are uninsulated because they don't see thick plastic insulation on our cables. In fact, part of the large sonic advantage of Clearview power wires is the very low dielectric (that is, insulation) mass we insist on. Our design provides for low dielectric mass, low dielectric absorption to avoid interfering with good sound, and excellent protection by using two redundant layers of insulation. The first is a thin, highly durable proprietary coating directly on each power conductor, tested to over 300 volts. The second layer is a loose-fitting sleeve of very low dielectric absorbtion polymer plus air dielectric; this second layer has been tested to over 250 volts.
FREE AUDIO UPGRADES
Never bundle speaker cables, interconnects, or AC power cables. Bundling creates serious grunge. If you must run wires parallel for more than a foot, separate them by 6" or more. Wires that cross at 45° or more can touch without any sonic degradation. For more free AC Power upgrades, click here.