Cyrus CD XTSE2 Player/Transport
With the introduction of the acclaimed DAC X+ and DAC XP+ digital to analogue converters, Cyrus moved into a new league for replay of digital sources by offering 192kHz up-sampling, true 192kHz DACs and full differential modes of operation. The CDXT SE2 is engineered to complement the DAC XP+ and other established ‘X’ series components as a high-end ‘digital optimised’ CD source.
• Clock stability is a key element in the signal processing chain in a player of this standard. The digital engineering of the CDXT SE2 therefore includes a special re-clocking circuit with close tolerance crystal VCO located at the threshold of the signal drive circuit to maximise jitter rejection.
• Packed into the stylish, compact chassis of the CDXT SE2 is a high quality toroidal power transformer. The transformer has two entirely separate secondary windings with one dedicated to feeding the sensitive reclocking circuits and the other supplying a completely separate feed to the current hungry motors. In true Cyrus style the PSX-R power supply may also be connected to further refine the power supply system and take over power supply to the motors further improving resolution.
• Cyrus products have always delivered sonic excellence hand-in-hand with state-of-the-art technical performance. The CDXT SE2 is no exception and Cyrus are justifiably proud of the measured performance of the ‘X’ series transport and DAC combination. A CDXT SE2 partnered with a DAC X+ or DAC XP+ will deliver ruler-flat linearity performance, vanishingly low background noise and superb jitter rejection, out-performing most two box players in their class.
• A natural upgrade path for the CDXT SE2 owner is the acquisition of an optional PSX-R external DC Power supply. This unique and intelligent component allows the CD XT SE2 to tap into a massive reserve of highly regulated DC energy source. Providing a completely separate power feed for the high current demands of the mechanism motors, the PSX-R effectively removes the dynamically changing load of the motors from the internal power transformer.
• The unique MC-BUS connectivity of the CDXT SE2 is in keeping with the total system approach of the Cyrus range of products. This facility enhances ergonomic operation of the unit in a system context. Total automation of the test, alignment and calibration of the CDXT SE2 is facilitated via the MC-BUS during its manufacturing process, eliminating potential human error.
• The quality lightweight alloy die-cast enclosure of the CDXT SE2 has a myriad of advantages both electrically and mechanically. The non-resonant nature of the alloy minimises microphonic effects, while its non-ferrous composition provides an effective shield from external electro-magnetic disturbances. This also eliminates coupling of the power transformer stray magnetic fields to the sensitive audio circuitry.
Partnered with a DAC XP+ and a pair of PSX-R power supplies, this four box combination offers the discerning audio enthusiast one of the most rewarding CD systems in the world.
Power Supply - Toroidal power transformer feeding multiple regulated power supplies
Outputs - SPDIF coaxial and optical
Disc-reading transport - Isolated slot loading mechanism with high bandwidth optical pick-up
Disc Compatibility - CD, CD-R (closed session)
Display - Custom LCD with subtle green back lighting
Remote Control - Full function Cyrus system remote control facility
Communications - MC-BUS™ System BUS
Coaxial Digital output - SPDIF via RCA phono jack socket
Output voltage - 500mV pk-pk
Output impedance - 75 ohms
Optical Digital output - SPDIF via Toslink transmitter
Clock Jitter - <70pS
Power Consumption - 7.5W
Weight - 3.5 Kg
Dimensions - (H x W x D) 78 x 215 x 360 (mm)
Finish - Quartz Silver or Brushed Black