Ultra Minimalist Duplex AC Outlet
A good-sounding AC wall outlet can be one of the biggest bang-for-the-buck upgrades in audio. Our meticulous
listening experiments proved that to make a really good sounding outlet you need to incorporate:
• an insulator body of the thinnest possible plastic, using a plastic with the least possible dielectric absorption
• the thinnest, shortest possible brass contact strips to minimize skin effect
• absolutely no sound-degrading gold, rhodium or other plating
• no metal or plastic in the faceplate
Compared to the most highly touted $200+ outlets, our AC outlet reduces the plastic insulator mass by a factor
of three, reduces contact strip thickness by two, eliminates all plating, and breaks new ground with three features:
1. Our outlet casings are made from a far better sounding polymer than the high-loss, glass-filled nylon used by all
the big bucks outlets.
2. Our Amish-made Ambrosian maple faceplate eliminates the high dielectric absorption losses of plastic faceplates, as well as the high eddy current losses of metal ones.
3. We eliminate the bad-sounding thick brass bus bars seen on all duplex outlets and replace them with copper wire conductors.
Every Mapleshade AC Outlet is cryogenically treated. See the Owners Manual for half a dozen more advantages plus more detailed technical backup.
Install one of our outlets and all this will come together in the listening: deeper and cleaner bass, warmer and more
harmonically rich midrange, and far more detailed, grain-free treble. Our money back guarantee says that, in any head-to-head comparison, our Ultra-Minimalist AC Outlet will best the top of the line outlets from Oyaide, Furutech,
Wattgate, PS Audio, Isoclean and FIM.
||Great Duplex AC Outlet at Any Price!
|I have been experimenting with AC outlets for about nine years and have had a Shunyata Z1 for the last five years. With my positive history with Mapleshade and Omega Mikro, I thought I would give Pierres new AC outlet a try. The Mapleshade outlet exceeded my expectations! It truly refined the micro dynamics and three dimensional sense of the music compared to the Shunyata Z1. Congratulations on another fine audiophile product! Cheers!|
|- Scott Hays, CA|
||The last A/C outlet upgrade Im planning on making!
|I just installed the Ultra Minimalist Duplex outlet. FANTASTIC! Over the past 17+ years I must have tried almost every hi-end a/c outlet. Most had a somewhat questionable improvement if at all!
This product is the easiest to install, by far. It really does make an nice improvement over ANY I have used.
TIP: Once installed, try a counter-clockwise turn on the 2 plate screws - I seems that less tension on the wood plate may open-up the sound!|
|- Craig Konjoyan, CA|