Double Helix V.2 Speaker Cables
|Item Number: DHELIX2-ST|
These are our very best-sounding Clearview speaker cables. Handmade using a silver-plated, solid-core high-purity copper base conductor, the Double Helix introduces our unique, proprietary shielding/grounding technique that adds about a half octave of bass, warms up voices, and adds extra definition and clarity to treble notes and high overtones. Customers consistently report our Double Helix have bested the Goliaths of the audio industry. These include Nordost Valhalla(!), Cardas Golden Reference, Audioquest Caldera, Kimber BiFocal, Analysis Plus Silver Oval, as well as top-dollar cables from MIT, Harmonic Technology, and Transparent.|
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables. The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview Cables is 30-50 hours; 150-300 hours for cables with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.
THE PLUS OPTION: Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using specially-treated copper conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases treble grain, edginess and excess brightness without sacrificing detail--and particularly noticeable with digital sources. The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is more beautifully articulated, sweeter and less abrasive.PLUS significantly reduces listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.
On all our speaker cables we offer pure, unplated copper spade lugs (unplated always sounds better than silver, gold or rhodium plating) for $5.00 per termination or our own proprietary minimalist banana plugs (guaranteed to sound better than $80 silver Eichmanns) for $7.50 per termination. The latter will fit Naim jacks. This is a non-refundable service charge. To order custom-terminated speaker cables, please call 1-888-236-2753.
OUR RECOMMENDATION: Whenever possible, connect our cables using their prepared, bare wire ends without extra terminations. This will be your least-expensive, best-sounding option. Unlike stranded-wire speaker cables, our solid-core conductor does not fray--and, once bent into a J-hook, is just as convenient as a spade. Even though our offered terminations are the least intrusive-sounding spades and bananas available, they still do not sound quite as good as making a simple, bare WIRE connection to your speaker/amp binding post, screw terminal, et al.
Design and Performance
• Far lower dielectric losses than any "garden hose" cable encased in thick plastic, due to our ultra-thin dielectric coating (under two ten-thousandths of an inch) using a better-than-teflon polymer selected by ear from among hundreds.
• High purity copper conductors, drawn, heat-treated and silver-plated to our proprietary specification.
• Thin diameter, single strand wire to greatly reduce skin effect relative to fat gauge "garden hoses". Based on hundreds of hours of meticulous listening tests, the diameter we use optimizes the balance between skin effect losses and resistance losses.
• Proprietary dual helix field-cancelling, two shielded-conductor configuration with our unique common grounding scheme to minimize all signal interactions between the + and - signal conductors.