Double Helix V.2 Speaker Cables with PLUS Upgrade
|Item Number: DHELIX2-PL|
|These are our very best-sounding Clearview speaker cables. The Double Helix cables look and sound so radically different because they directly implement the results of our exhaustive independent music listening tests, uncompromised by theoretical preconceptions. They use optimally thin, ultra high-purity, single strand copper drawn, silver-plated and heat-treated to our specs--then hyper-twisted for unmatched field cancellation. The Double Helix introduces our unique design that incorporates well separated, single strand + and - signal conductors, individually shielded by a single, helically-wrapped, common ground wire--hereby adding about a half octave of bass, warming up voices, and lending extra definition and clarity to treble notes and high overtones. |
The newly-upgraded Double Helix V.2 version features improved copper purity, better-sounding insulation and a 25% tighter twist for yet more complete field cancellation. The extra clarity and dynamics of the new V.2 further increases the Double Helix's already-demonstrated superiority over the famous megabuck "garden hoses."
THE PLUS OPTION: Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using specially-treated copper conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases treble grain, edginess and excess brightness without sacrificing detail--and particularly noticeable with digital sources. The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is more beautifully articulated, sweeter and less abrasive.PLUS significantly reduces listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommendPLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.
On all our speaker cables we offer pure, unplated, thin copper spade lugs (unplated always sounds better than silver, gold or rhodium plating; thinner always sounds better than thicker) for $5.00 per termination or our own proprietary minimalist banana plugs (guaranteed to sound better than $80 silver Eichmanns) for $7.50 per termination. The latter will fit Naim jacks. This is a non-refundable service charge. To order custom-terminated speaker cables, please call 1-888-236-2753.
OUR RECOMMENDATION: Whenever possible, connect our cables using their prepared, bare wire ends without extra terminations. This will be your least-expensive, best-sounding option.Unlike stranded-wire speaker cables, our solid-core conductor does not fray--and, once bent into a J-hook, is just as convenient as a spade. Even though our offered terminations are the least intrusive-sounding spades and bananas available, they still do not sound quite as good as making a simple, bare wire connection to your speaker/amp binding post, screw terminal, et al.
• Far lower dielectric losses than any "garden hose" cable encased in thick plastic, due to our ultra-thin dielectric coating (under two ten-thousandths of an inch) using a better-than-teflon polymer selected by ear from among hundreds of insulating materials.
• High purity copper conductors, drawn, heat-treated and silver-plated to our proprietary specifications, the result of listening tests to determine which heat treatments, drawing protocols, silver plate thicknesses and copper alloys yield the best sound
• Thin diameter, single strand wire to greatly reduce skin effect relative to fat gauge "garden hoses". Based on hundreds of hours of meticulous listening tests, the diameter we use optimizes the balance between skin effect losses and resistance losses. Even a 10% increase over our optimum wire diameter immediately muddies the bass and rolls off the treble.
• A unique, proprietary topology: two well-separated twisted pairs, each consisting of a single strand signal conductor (one +, the other -) helically wrapped with a single strand grounded wire acting as a shield--and that shielding ground wire is a single continuous loop common to both the + and - conductors. The combination of well separated + and - conductors each thoroughly shielded minimizes all signal interactions between conductors--thus yielding an extra half octave of bass and significantly smmotherr, more extended treble.
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables. The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview Cables is 30-50 hours; 150-300 hours for cables with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.