Clearview Ultrathin Analog Ribbon Interconnects
|Item Number: UAIC-ST|
The festive-looking copper foil inside a skinny baggie is the Clearview Ultrathin Ribbon analog interconnect. It took a lot of work for InSound and Mapleshade to improve upon our original, widely-praised Ultrathin twisted-wire design. The perplexed look on your face will evaporate the instant you hear the excitement the Ribbon adds to your music: startling energy, all kinds of new instrumental details, thunderous bass, and remarkably articulated, endless treble.
There’s much more to our interconnects than meets the eye. The conductor is high purity, proprietary metallurgy copper ribbon—much thinner than any existing cable (including competing flat-wire designs). The insulation is a handmade, super-thin polymer sheath for lowest
dielectric absorption. Each interconnect is given three separate chemical and electromagnetic treatments. Our proprietary RCA plugs are the best-sounding plugs in high-end audio (including BNCs and XLRs).
For audiophiles who know, our Ultrathin Ribbons handily offer cleaner, more detailed sound than other interconnects costing up to $1500, including Monster, Audioquest, Acoustic Zen, Nordost, DH Labs, Goertz, Audio Note, Kimber, Cardas, MIT, Transparent, Harmonic Technology, Synergistic, Straightwire, TARA, and XLO. 30-day money back.
Design and Performance:
• Our conductor is high purity, proprietary metallurgy, copper ribbon—much thinner than any existing cable (including competing flat-wire designs).
• The insulation is a handmade, super-thin polymer sheath for lowest dielectric absorption. The polymer is a major upgrade from the old Ultrathins.
• Each interconnect is given three separate chemical and electromagnetic treatments.
• Our proprietary RCA plugs are the best-sounding available in high-end audio (including BNCs and XLRs).
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables. The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview Cables is 30-50 hours; 150-300 hours for cables with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.
THE PLUS OPTION
Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases brightness and grain in high frequencies, reducing edginess in the upper treble without sacrificing detail; this is particularly noticeable with music coming from a digital source (i.e. CD players, computers, and iPods). The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is better articulated and less abrasive. PLUS is especially
beneficial for digital interconnects sources, significantly reducing listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to typically over-processed commercial studio recording, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.
|I have installed the Clearview Ultrathin Analog Ribbon Interconnects into a high-end system that I have refined and tweaked over many years. They replaced a set of top level pure silver cables. The difference is striking in the way it makes everything sound cleaner and more detailed without adding a sharp edge to it. These are by a clear margin the very best interconnects I ever had in my system - and they will stay for good!|
|- M Rufer, CA|
|I dont have a high end system, just an old amp, kit-built tube pre-amp, KEF speakers, etc., etc.......... but these wires made a dire DG recording from the early 80s actually musical. For the first time.|
||Now that`s music!!!
|Just received a pair of your Ultra interconnects and wow!The music came flying out of my loudspeakers.I was shocked at what I was missing every note was brighter,every voice was clearer and distinctive.Time to put the Kimber`s on Ebay.|
|- Edward, PA|
|very nice sound|
|- asdffx asdffx, INT|