Cleaview Golden Helix Speaker Cable with PLUS Upgrade (Closeout)
The Clearview Golden Helix Speaker Cables share the distinctive sound of Mapleshade CDs: lots of dynamic punch, unusually clean bass with lots of attack and no boominess, surprisingly transparent midrange and a brilliant, unsmeared, extended treble.
Here’s what’s special about our speaker cables: they’re handmade by us from optimum gauge, single strand, high-purity copper wire, micro-plated with silver and drawn and heat-treated to our specs. Our cable is coated with ultrathin, nearly loss-free insulation, twisted into a super-tight, field-cancelling helix. Each cable is given four hours of our proprietary crystal-modifying treatment.
The result is an amazing, inexpensive speaker cable. Our Golden Helix is competitively priced with Monster cable you can buy off-the-rack at Best Buy. But its performance slays cables costing 20 times more! In head-to-head listening tests, our Golden Helix has bested the Audioquest Gibraltar, Kimber 8TC, XLO Ultra 6, Wireworld Atlantis II, Straight Wire Rhapsody 5, as well as higher-priced cables by Nordost, Synergistic Research, Analysis Plus, Monster, Tara Labs, Goertz, and DH Labs.
Design and Performance:
• Far lower dielectric losses than any "garden hose" cable encased in thick plastic, due to our ultra-thin dielectric coating (under two ten-thousandths of an inch) using a better-than-teflon polymer selected by ear from among hundreds.
• High purity copper wire-drawn, tempered and silver-plated to our specification.
• Thin diameter, single strand wire to greatly reduce skin effect relative to fat gauge "garden hoses". Based on hundreds of hours of meticulous listening tests, the diameter we use optimizes the balance between skin effect losses and resistance losses.
• Super tightly twisted, single helix field-cancelling configuration to greatly reduce signal interactions with external fields.
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables. The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview Cables is 30-50 hours; 150-300 hours for cables with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.
THE PLUS OPTION
Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using specially-treated copper conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases treble grain, edginess and excess brightness without sacrificing detail--and particularly noticeable with digital sources. The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is more beautifully articulated, sweeter and less abrasive. PLUS significantly reduces listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.