Clearview Double Helix Speaker Cable
Clearview Double Helix Speaker Cables are among the most detailed, transparent yet warm speaker cables available at any price; their deep bass impact and pitch definition are particularly impressive. In independent dealer and audiophile listening tests, they have bested MIT, Transparent, Nordost and Audioquest cables costing up to $15,000.
Here’s what’s special about our speaker cables: they’re handmade from silver-microplated, single strand, high-purity copper wire that is drawn and heat-treated to our specs. Our cable is coated with ultrathin, nearly loss-free insulation, twisted into a super-tight, field-cancelling helix. Each cable is given four hours of our proprietary crystal-modifying treatment.
Design and Performance:
• Far lower dielectric losses than any "garden hose" cable encased in thick plastic, due to our ultra-thin dielectric coating (under two ten-thousandths of an inch) using a better-than-teflon polymer selected by ear from among hundreds.
• High purity copper conductors, drawn, heat-treated and silver-plated to our proprietary specification.
• Thin diameter, single strand wire to greatly reduce skin effect relative to fat gauge "garden hoses". Based on hundreds of hours of meticulous listening tests, the diameter we use optimizes the balance between skin effect losses and resistance losses.
• Proprietary dual helix field-cancelling, two shielded-conductor configuration with our unique common grounding scheme to minimize all signal interactions between the + and - signal conductors.
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables. The recommended break-in period for standard Clearview Cables is 30-50 hours; 150-300 hours for cables with PLUS Upgrade. Feel free to install and listen to our cables immediately, they'll sound really good after about an hour. But you won't hear their full potential until they have been broken-in thoroughly.
THE PLUS OPTION
Another Step Up
All Clearview wires are available in a PLUS version, using specially-treated copper conductors with our new stress-relieved metallurgy. The PLUS Option yields two primary upgrades:
• Decreases treble grain, edginess and excess brightness without sacrificing detail--and particularly noticeable with digital sources. The breathiness of singers and flutes, the metallic ring of cymbals is more beautifully articulated, sweeter and less abrasive. PLUS significantly reduces listening fatigue.
• PLUS lowers the soundstage noise floor, resulting in a quieter, more blacker background. This makes the most difference in quiet passages: held guitar or piano chords sustain longer and resonate more clearly as they fade into silence. Newly discovered details and nuances emerge from the negative space of the music on good recordings.
For fans of well-recorded acoustic music, small group jazz, or chamber music, we recommend PLUS without hesitation. Listening to loud, compressed recordings, the improvements will be audible but much more subtle.
||A big step up from the Golden Helix cables.
|I just wanted to share some thoughts on the Double Helix speaker wire.
First, they are a big step up from the standard Helix cables. Its not that the standard ones are bad, rather, the Double Helix cables are that much better in presenting a detailed yet relaxed and, at the same time, bolder look into the music allowing it to simply sound more realistic.
Second, this upgrade in sound was upon first insertion with no break in. I can only imagine what theyll sound like in a couple of weeks.
Third, this level of improvement leaves me wondering if I made a mistake by not ordering the Plus version. What I thought would be a simple step up was not the case, leaving me wondering what that further upgrade would sound like. Cest La Vie.
All in all, Im more than happy with these. Smug, actually. They just replaced some Zu Mission speaker wires and before that I replaced the Zu Mission ICs with my old pair of Mapleshade copper ribbon ICs which left me wondering what it was I saw in them to begin with. Time to get off this merry-go-round and start enjoying the music!|